Fight;Crusade && PUSH  

Posted by Bianca M.G

Precious, originally known as Push: Based on the Novel by Sapphire, is a 2009 drama film, adapted from the 1996 Sapphire novel Push about a teenage girl living in Harlem.[2] The film premiered in January 2009 at the Sundance Film Festival, where it won the Audience Award and the Grand Jury Prize for best drama, as well as a Special Jury Prize for supporting actress Mo'Nique.
To my surprise a book I read many years ago has made it's way unto the big screen. The dialect of the text that can only deem as illiteracy, gave me quite a headache. However, as baffling as it was for me to understand the text, it was even more difficult for me to put it down. "Push" by Sapphire was nothing less than outstanding. For those who hasn't read the book, I won't ruin it for you with my own review but the trailer is below. The movie is entitled "Precious"


This entry was posted on 5:50 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments